Potential Pathway that could aid you

@Mark_Sandwich
There’s pretty much 2 pathways for Wnt signaling: canonical(beta catenin dependent) and non-canonical(beta catenin independent). Since you already have a co-reation between your two Wnt’s you could possibly find what sort of pathway they’re involved in just by finding their co-expression with beta catenin, because if there is high co-expression between beta catenin between the 2 Wnt’s and beta catenin, that might suggest dependency.
Here’s code you could use to see if there is co-relation between Wnt and one of beta-catenin’s:
wnt7b and ctnnb1 co-relation:
wnt7b and ctnnb1 co-relation score

# Create a variable with your favorite gene
my_favorite_gene <- c("ENSMUSG00000022382","ENSMUSG00000006932")

# Create a variable with you 
of.interest <- c(top.hvgs[1:200], my_favorite_gene)

# Subset dataset to just the celltypes you are interested in
sce_subset <- sce[,sce$celltype %in% c("ExE ectoderm")]

cor.pairs <- correlatePairs(x = sce_subset, subset.row = of.interest)
cor.pairs %>% as_tibble() %>% filter(gene1 %in% my_favorite_gene, gene2 %in% my_favorite_gene)
# A tibble: 1 × 5
1 Like

Hi Yani, thank you for the code. I’ll look into whether the results can support my presentation.

1 Like

This might be a big favor to ask for but I was wondering if you could run some lines of code in your R-Studio because mine crashed and I can’t get any expression out of genes Wnt1 and Wnt10b. Whenever I run any code with them I get zero expression like in these graphs.

I’m still able to get expressions out of Wnt10a somehow. I also made another container in SciServer and still got nothing.

Hi never mind, Shamoun pointed out I loaded the wrong dataset somehow.

I’m still not sure how I can use the code you provided in my presentation but I still appreciate the help.