Practice RStudio Console

Type any questions you have about the assignment!
Did you get stuck? how did it go?

1 Like

I think the instructions were pretty clear about what to do and how to do it. I just encountered issues trying to work the library(tidyverse) commands (thanks to Anna I now got that working though!). It seems like there was a bug or something that was throwing an error message "Warning message:
In system(“timedatectl”, intern = TRUE) :
running command ‘timedatectl’ had status 1
System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can’t operate.
Failed to create bus connection: Host is down"
However, now that I am on it today, I just had to wait a few minutes after the error message and then continue to follow the directions (as if there had been no error message)

The practice in swirl went fairly well, the only things I had issue with was my own reading comprehension and actually typing the full names and commands. One part that occasionally tripped me up was how strict the punctuation was, and how True vs true vs TRUE &etc were not exchangeable. When I started pulling up DF, I was able to pull up and view all the data, as well as look at the head and tail and summary. However, I had an issue when I tried to do the “use plot to make comparison” activity. I typed in the code that the sheet said to, but R wouldn’t print any results and would just go to the next tab.

There were a few things I had questions on regarding the assignment, however I believe that once my internet and laptop started working I started to get the hang of it. It kept crashing whenever I tried to do the commands however I believe that for the most part it makes sense

Although I now understand the flow of coding in R, I was initially confused by the fomat and was unclear how to communicate with the database. Forcing myslef to follow the tutorials step by step helped make the process more approachable. Having a cheat sheet of the most common commands may help orient new users.